Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"I Fell In Love in the Back of a Cop Car"

Yes, that's right…..oh! Keith Urban, how could you let this song out into the universe???  I have no words.  You've betrayed me:(  I heard this song while driving into Twin Falls, ID where I was helping my mom after her surgery.  (2 broken arms, plates & pins)  Crazy accident.  I always love seeing the FLAT fields with the big sprinklers.  We've lived back east for about 17 years now, but sometimes I still miss being able to see more than 10 feet around me because of the trees here.  I even miss the constant wind that whips across the sagebrush and carries away the elderly and small children.  My mom's friends don't go outside when it's windy because they're afraid they'll blow over.  You gotta have a healthy respect for the Idaho wind:)

As soon as I had made plans to go help my mom I knew I would be in Salt Lake so I emailed Leslea's Mission President and asked if I could run by and meet them.  When I flew in I went straight to Twin Falls because my mom's aunt that had been helping her was flying home the next morning.  So the only time I could meet them was on my way back from Twin Falls to Salt Lake to fly home.  I think I talked to her Mission President for about 10 minutes, but it was enough time to take a picture.  I didn't tell Leslea I was going out to help my mom, so I thought it would be funny to just email her the picture with no explanation.  So yesterday I happened to be at the computer when a bunch of emails came in from her.  This was our exchange:

Leslea:  wait...who are those people?!

Me:  I'm hurt…you don't even recognize me anymore :( 

Leslea:  WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE??  THE PICTURE IS TINY!

Me:  Sorry!  I thought you were kidding about not knowing me:)-- I'll try to send it bigger.

Leslea:  MOM?

Me:  Surprise!!

Leslea:  MOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!   WHHHHAAAATTTTTTTTT oh my goodness!  When did you meet them?!  Whoa!  Cool!  That picture made my day :) what did you talk about?

Me:  How awesome you are.  Sister Awesome, that is:)


Leslea:  Haha--good. I'll be looking forward to a long report in your email next monday then :) Love you!  




So, the 10 minutes with the Mission President was worth it:)  I still really miss her, but Mother's Day is coming up, so--Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment