Saturday, May 24, 2014

Scientific Institute welcomes nearly 18,000 new species

Well, another year of new discoveries has gone by and apparently the Sasquatch did not make the list of top 10 best newly identified species.  Yes, poor Bigfoot was noticeably absent from the winners--which consisted of things like the Zospeum Tholossum (domed land snail), the Skeleton Shrimp, and the "Tinkerbell Fairyfly."

Just because a species possesses a "mythologically challenged" nature and, so far, cannot claim a "factually substantiated" status does not mean it does not exist.  And they call themselves scientists?  Now really, who could doubt the vehement ramblings of say, a group of inebriated outdoorsmen who "saw something big and hairy" in the woods?  Or maybe some kids who were sure they heard "a loud howling noise" at night?  Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I experienced both of those things at Girl's Camp.  I won't go into details, but I believe there were stolen gorilla suits and duck calls involved.

Oh, well.  Better luck next year.  Or maybe Bigfoot's on the list, but further down--like number 15,000 or something.  I guess I should examine these findings further.






No comments:

Post a Comment